Saturday, May 18, 2013

boston's accident...

February 15th Boston was hit by a car. Actually its better if we say Boston hit a car. It was the scariest experience of my life. I hate to think back to that day, but I couldn't be more grateful he is ok and still here with us.
We had been at the park and Boston saw his friend Dallin across the street and ran to him. I was behind with Mackay in the stroller trying to catch up and yelling for Boston to wait. He didn't, but he did make it safely across the street to his friends house. They were all out in the front yard chatting and playing when Boston came close to the road again directly across from me where I was waiting for a car to pass first. He was coming to ask if he could go inside and play. He came to the curb in front of a parked SUV so he couldn't see anything. He started to cross when I yelled at the top of my lungs for him stop. This made two things happen. It made the car passing aware we were there, and made Boston stop for 2 seconds. Boston stopping allowed the car to get passed a few feet, but Boston kept going, thus running into the cars back rear tire. I was on the other side of the car pounding on the window trying to get around to Boston, but on the other side it was too late. Boston's side of his foot was stuck under the tire which when he hit the car made him spin and whack his head on the road. When I got around to Boston I immediately scooped him and knew he was ok.  I could tell there were no major injuries. He had scrapes and bruises, and a good size goose egg on his forehead, but mostly he was just scared. The ambulance and fire truck came. He was terrified and didn't want to go. Our neighbors gave him a blessing. That was the only time I cried while it was all happening, I gone into comfort/emergency mode. I ran inside while they were strapping Boston up to get Bobo, we couldn't leave without him. We got loaded up and our neighbors watched Mackay for us. Good thing Mackay to easy goin. They also called Kyle. That was not a fun phone call. They said "Boston's been hit by a car." Kyle had to ask if he was alive. Can you imagine that as a parent. In the ambulance Boston was so mad about getting an IV. After her screamed about that and they got it in, he took a nap! We had to wake him up every so often for head injury precautions, but one of the first things he said to me after getting to his hospital room was "mom, it was so annoying when you kept talking to me when I was so tired! Once at the hospital Boston was taken into the trauma er with a hundred doctors and nurses, received at CT scan, and then met us back in a room. They monitored him for about 2 hours. He didn't mind that at all. He had his own personal moving tv right in front of his face, brand new clothes donated from the hospital {they had to cut his off in the trauma room,} and popsicles! We were released about 9 pm and came home to our awesome friend/home teacher bringing us dinner and fixing our pigeon problem. Mackay was home and happy too! The next day you would have had no idea Boston had the accident at all. Unless you talked to me. I was a mess for days. I was struggling with shoulda coulda's and what if's. Let's just say we are super careful by the road now a days!! While we were in the hospital room I was talking to my Mom and lost it a little. Boston looked over from his tv show and said "it's ok mama, i'm ok see!" What a sweet little boy.
We were very blessed through the whole experience. So many people reached out to us. It was so helpful and thoughtful. Most of all we are sooo thankful our Boston Boy was ok. We love him very much and its times like these you're shown how good your life is. The little things don't matter, just each other!
We love you Boston and never do anything like this to us again!!!!!!!!!
He had to wear this neck brace as a precaution. It made it seem so serious and scary.
Everyone wanting to talk to Boston.
This is the life for Bos!
The instagram collage so everyone would know he was ok!

No comments:

Post a Comment